It is our pleasure
to inform all participants that
the Springer journal ACOM expressed
particular interest in tutorial-like papers
for scientific computing software. If you
or your team are developing a computing
software that is used by "more than
a small" number of other people,
and if you are interested in
submitting such a paper to
ACOM, please let us know.
About the Conference:
ESCO 2018 is the 6th event in a successful series of interdisciplinary international conferences. It promotes modern technologies and practices in scientific computing and visualization, and strengthens the interaction between researchers and practitioners in various areas of computational engineering and sciences.
Create a user account in order to submit an abstract.
2018 Main Themes:
- Computational electromagnetics and coupled problems,
- Fluid-structure interaction and multi-phase flows,
- Computational chemistry and quantum physics,
- Computational civil and structural engineering,
- Computational biology and bioinformatics,
- Computational geometry and topology,
- Mathematics Education and Outreach,
- Petascale and exascale computing,
- Hydrology and porous media flows,
- Wave propagation and acoustics,
- Climate and weather modeling,
- GPU and cloud computing,
- Uncertainty quantification,
- Computational statistics,
- Open source software.
Proceedings of ESCO 2018
ESCO 2018 Proceedings will appear as a special issue of CAMWA (Computers & Mathematics with Applications, Elsevier), as a special issue of ACOM (Advances in Computational Mathematics, Springer), as a special issue of MCS (Mathematics in Computer Science), and papers within the scope of “Technology in Mathematics Education” in a special issue of IJTME (The International Journal for Technology in Mathematics Education).
The submissions will have the format of a standard journal paper and they will be refereed in a standard way.
Important part of each ESCO conference is a software afternoon featuring computational software projects of participants. Any computational software can be presented that has reached certain level of maturity, i.e., it is used outside of the author's institution, and it has a web page and a user documentation. If you are interested in presenting your software in the Software Afternoon, please let us know at conference(at)esco2018(dot)femhub(dot)com. List of software workshops.
Official languages for oral presentations are English and Spanish. Speakers who wish to present their work in Spanish must provide for their presentation a simultaneous translator (such as a colleague who is fluent in English). All posters must be in English.
Minisymposia proposals are welcome. A minisymposium should consist of at least four lectures related to the same topic. If you are interested in organizing a minisymposium, please send a title, short abstract, and list of speakers to conference(at)esco2018(dot)femhub(dot)com. List of minisymposia.
The best poster will be awarded with a diploma and a prize during a ceremony to take place on Thursday, June 7. All student presentations and all posters are automatically nominated. The selection will be done by a vote of all participants.
|Abstract submission is open!|
|January 31, 2018||Minisymposia proposals|
|February 15, 2018||Early registration fee payment|
|June 3-8, 2018||ESCO 2018 conference|
|September 30, 2018||Paper submission|
Recommended presentation for Oral sessions for ESCO 2018 conference:
- The reserved time for your presentation is 15 minutes.
- Please use presentation under Power Point or PDF format.
- The authors are asked to copy their presentations 10 minutes before session starting in cooperation with a member of the organizing committee.
- The reserved time for discussion is 5 minutes.
- The presenting authors are kindly asked to keep these times.
Please find here some additional information on the preparation of the posters:
- The reserved area for your poster is of height 110 cm and of width 70 cm. Please make sure that you do not exceed this space.
- We recommend to prepare the A1 poster size (portrait). Select the font size of your choice. The conference information can be placed in the header, but it is not necessary.
- Orientation should be vertical.
- You do not have the possibility to print your poster at the conference.
- Magnets to fix the poster will be provided. However, if you need any additional material to fix or stick together your poster, please bring them with you.
- Please make sure that your poster is readable from a distance of at least 1 m.
- At the top of your poster, please write the poster title (same as your submitted abstract), the name and affiliation of the author(s) in a size that can be easily read from a farer distance.